At HIND Management we are committed to supporting our people’s development. We have different opportunities available to our staff, some of which are available when needed, i.e. without having to wait ‘in line’ or for the next budget round. Mentoring is one of these opportunities.
In te reo Māori, the Tuakana-Teina concept describes the relationship between an older or more expert tuakana (brother, sister or cousin) who helps and guides and a younger or less expert teina (a younger sibling or cousin). In a learning environment that recognises the value of ako (teaching and learning relationship), the tuakana–teina roles may be reversed at any time which means that both Mentor and Mentee have things to offer, and both can benefit from participating in a mentorship relationship.
- Broaden connections across our business as we have a wide range of role types and structures, and a geographically dispersed workforce across New Zealand.
- Help to bring our culture to life via our more experienced team members speaking openly about and role-modelling our values.
- Enhance the career progression of our people, including lifting their spirits and confidence and providing support if they don’t have any formal training in our industry.
- Support our people to build their emotional skills in addition to their technical capabilities.
- Enable us to keep in touch with our high-potential employees in a more structured way.
- Enhance the wellbeing of our people by providing them with another avenue of support.
- Leverage our strength in relationships which is a common thread that runs through feedback from our people